Discover Wisconsin has it right when it comes to all the best things in the great city of Madison.
See their article here.
Situated amidst a number of lakes, Madison boasts the best of both worlds: It’s a vibrant city filled with local sounds and homemade flavors with gorgeous lake views around every turn. Miles of bike trails wind their way from downtown Madison to outside the city limits, where there is no shortage of historic landmarks and state parks to explore. And wherever you go in the Madison area, you’re sure to breathe in a whole lot of what the locals dub: “Bucky Pride.”
Grab your bike helmet, bring that appetite and get ready to “Jump Around.” We’re discovering 10 reasons why Madison is one of the coolest cities in America!
1. The city was built on an isthmus.
2. In Madison, it’s all about lakes.
3. Frank Lloyd Wright left a legacy here.
4. There are 12+ state parks – plus a national natural landmark!
5. Madison’s museum scene offers hands-on fun.
6. The city’s local food scene is a foodie’s dream.
7. From State Street talents to national artists, live entertainment is a big deal.
8. Madison is one of the most bike-friendly cities in America.
9. UW-Madison is home to several (free!) hidden gems.
10. Madison claims the nation’s second tallest capitol building.